Sunday, September 03, 2006

Movie Star Style



This week we had the opportunity to shoot Shari's senior pictures. Shari is a superstar actress and dancer. I've seen her in several plays and she always steals the show. So when deciding where she should have her pictures done the logical choice was a theater. We used the Arcade theatre in downtown Ft. Myers. The Arcade is super cool and has a very classy old theatre feel. I actually got to perform there twice when I was in high school. Being in the theatre and with Shari really made me miss acting and being on stage. I love things that have a vintage feel. The seats are covered with red velvet and the carpet has a huge swirly floral design. Now swirly red floral carpet would definitely not be my first choice for my house, but in this theatre it felt so....dramatic! In my opinion too many theatres today look and feel like basketball stadiums or movie theatres. Kudos to the Arcade for keeping the tradition and personality of this theatre over the years and not trading it in for scotch guarded upholstry and cupholders. And bravo to Shari for coming up with a great location and being her beautiful self to once again produce some awesome pictures.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home