Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Check this out!


You have to check out this site. It's called Pandora and it's amazing. You type in either an artist or a specific song that you really like and then it goes through its database and finds songs that are similar that you may like. When I heard about this (in a Mac magazine) I though it sounded a little hokey, but it honestly works. I typed in a couple of songs that I liked and when it came up with other suggestions of things I may like I was really surprised how much they appealed to me. It goes through songs one at a time and you give it either a "thumbs up" or a "thumbs down." If it gets a "thumbs up" then the song is added to your radio station. If you give it a "thumbs down" then Pandora promises to never play that song again!

This is the perfect tool for me because I am always looking for a certain type or sound of music to use with my videos or slideshows but sometimes I just can't find them on my own. Usually, when I get stuck like this my first resources are my two sisters who know the latest trends in music. Now I don't have to bother them with these questions and we can spend our time talking about more important things like world peace and stuff... Anyway, check out Pandora.com. It's great for everything from putzing around on the computer to a bride trying to put together a great DJ mix.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home