Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I heart chicken.


Ok, so we didn't do anything to celebrate Haloween but I just had to dress Isa up. About a month or two ago my mom and I went to Baby's R Us and saw all of these really cute baby costumes. There were all the ordinary ones like princesses and butterflies but I happened to be strangely drawn to the chicken costume so we tried it on her in the store. We didn't buy it because twenty five bucks seems like a lot for a chicken costume when Sam and I could use the money to go on a date, but I've been thinking a lot about that costume for the last couple of months.

Yesterday my mom and I went back to the store and of course I headed straight for the costumes which were now 30% off. To my dissapointment the only costumes that were left were all for two and three year olds. I was pretty bummed out. Then as fate would have it, out of the corner of my eye I saw some feathers thrown over on some boxes of diapers. I held my breath as I checked the size..... 6/9 months!!!! Then I checked the orange chicken pants.... 24months. "Oh man" I thought "I was so close."

As we were going through the check out line I decided to ask if we could get another 50% off if I just bought the top half of the chicken. They agreed and I walked away with half a chicken costume for $5. Yeah! We had so much fun dressing Isabella up in it last night. The jacket is actually really warm and I think we are going to use it as a winter jacket for when we go up to South Carolina next month!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashley, These are so funny! Isa is adorable! Thanks for the link. The pics are awesome - we can't wait to see the rest.
Thanks, Renee

11/14/2006 11:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home