Saturday, November 04, 2006

Some much needed time away

We've been pretty swamped recently with work, We got some much needed time away from our house and work on Thursday and Friday. We were priviliged to go on a retreat with the 7th and 8th grade students at Naples Christian Academy, where I teach. They were awesome!

I took some shots of the "Barf Olympics", flour relay and whipped cream and Cheetoh statues. For those of you who haven't experienced a "Barf Olympics" it is when two teams each have a paper bag filled with all types of foods and which ever team can eat each of the foods (one person at a time) in the bag first wins. It was so funny how the students would react differently to the foods. There was squid in ink juice, sardines, olives, mushrooms and all kinds of other fun stuff. There was one student that was gung ho about getting the mushrooms. "I'll do it; I love mushrooms!" He took two bites and said, "Oh, I can't do this! Somebody else!" I think the attitude reversal took all of 15 seconds.

I created a slideshow for the students, faculty and parents but because I want to be careful with the students privacy we can't release it to the public. If you are affiliated with NCA and would like to see it, contact me at brockinton@ncanaples.com.

-Sam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home