Monday, November 06, 2006

"Uh, I don't think I even buttoned the shirt"

Just shot our third video in four weeks. Great, young couple. Ashley, the bride, was one of the sweetest we've worked with. It was at 'Tween Waters on Captiva. I didn't know there were places in our county that took so long to get to! The beach wedding was really cool. The guys all wore solid khaki beach shirts (Hawaiian cut but solid) - if somebody knows the technical term you can email it to us! Oh, and the guys also wore sandals, which I thought was cool. At the end of the night I was walking back up the beach while Ashley was filming them together getting pictures, and I noticed that there were two pairs of shoes left. It took me a second to realize that a pair of sandals and a pair of white heels were Zack and Ashley's shoes, but I was able to get some footage. I thought it was a neat detail that you don't usually see at a wedding.

They contracted us to shoot pre-ceremony, ceremony and reception. Ashley, my wife, began filming Ashley, the bride, at 2:00 p.m. I asked where the guys were, and I was told "305". After wandering around some, I went up and knocked. No answer. Huh? I walked around some more and the father of the bride told me that he didn't think they were meeting up until 3:00. So, I decided to get some more B-roll. I was glad to get more because it always helps tell the story better and because this location was a little more conducive; there were lots of different buildings and signs. We usually do not get a full hour to think of fun shots to take, so I took advantage.

When I finally did find Zack and the guys we did go to 305 and they hung out. I told him that I was supposed to have filmed him getting ready. He had been hiding from everyone. I suggested that we stage some shots to at least have something to pair with the 1 whole hour of footage we will have for Ashley. He told me that he hadn't even buttoned his shirt. He had just pulled it over. So, now I'm figuring that I didn't miss much. Think about how long it takes to put on pants, pull over a shirt and slip on sandals. Uh, a minute and a half if you're distracted? I thought it was a pretty funny example of the difference between the sexes. I staged shots of him buttoning (notice I didn't say re-buttoning) his shirt and putting on his sandals. I think that it doubled, perhaps tripled, his preparation time.

The ceremony started and then ended. It was so fast that I'm not sure you could say it had a middle. Dominic gave Ashley away, they said their vows, the preacher pronounced them married, they kissed and walked out. Short and sweet!

We're working on some highlight videos, and we will post this one as soon as it is available.

-Sam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home